Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Looking Forward

There are so many things that I am looking forward to:

1.  Having a potty trained bug number 2
2.  Having a yard...preferably with a fence
3.  Not living on the 2nd story
4.  Not bringing groceries up a flight of stairs
5.  Not being preggers (especially in this heat! yikes!)
6.  Having a wardrobe that 1. I like 2. Consists of more that 10 pieces
7.  Fall and fall things and cool weather
8.  Going to the bathroom by myself

But the reality is that is not my life right now.  Bug number 2 is struggling with potty training.  I am struggling with patience with him.  We don't have a yard, in fact we have a parking lot.  Lame.  Our outside time consists of chalk and bubbles, and walking to the playground or going somewhere else to play.  Won't it be nice to just walk outside and play.  I think so.  We live in a second story condo that we are renting.  (We were 'supposed' to be here for a year max, just passed 2 years here).  I have to bring the groceries up stairs because you have to go upstairs when you get here.  I am preggers and nothing fits well anymore, and after wearing the same clothes for 3 pregnancies in less than 4 years you really start to hate them...REALLY HATE them!  It is not fall or cool but that is coming soon! Yay!  And I probably will never be able to pee by myself in any amount of foreseeable future.

But that is okay.  Right?!  It is okay.  It is okay that things are a little out of control and not exactly how I would have envisioned them.   God is good and bigger than my list (which could have gone on WAY past 8, but I felt the need to stop at some point).  I guess it comes down to choosing to be content with some of the things that are happening in life and trusting that God's plans are perfect.  That's the hard part huh?  Choosing and trusting.  It is much easier to complain and wallow in yuckiness.  I want to cling to God's promises but it isn't always easy.  God will work things out for the good.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28


I don't think that I was in Paradise today.  


No comments:

Post a Comment