Thursday, August 26, 2010

Anemia

My liquid iron from Germany!  
So the results are in and I am freakin' anemic.  I have the worst case that my doc has ever seen!  Awesome.  Go big or go home....that's the way I roll.  Oh goodness.  At least that I know what is going on and it is a pretty easy fix...lots o' iron.  Which by the way spinach it not a good source of.  I know, I thought that it was too.  Apparently it has calcium in it and calcium blocks the absorption of iron.  Who knew.  Vitamin C on the other had helps with the absorption of iron.  So I am taking my special liquid iron from Germany with Orange Juice.  As long as I don't go into labor tomorrow or have some sort of freak cooking accident I should be okay.  Otherwise I will need a blood transfusion!  Yikes!  I told you it was bad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment